Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sicily


Less of a redesign and more of a redraw the Sicily, first drawn when I was 12 or 13 (and during class too, since it was done on lined binder paper), is one of my more flamboyant and ridiculous cars.  I like the presence it has, even if it was sloppily drawn because I used to work exclusively in pen.
The Sicily was inspired mostly by American cars of the 1950s.  I tried in the drawing I did today to maintain as much of the original car while fitting it to better proportions and I think some things were gained while others were lost.  I made it a side-exhaust car and I'm not sure why I didn't when I was a kid, seems obvious!  Maybe I wasn't aware or hadn't noticed such things yet.  I left a faint line over the top of the car so the viewer could envision it with or without a roof fairly easily.



No comments:

Post a Comment