Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Petersen Custom: Debut Car and Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!  This is intended largely for me to keep track of the cars I drew as a kid, but also as a vehicle through which I can share my car designing endeavors with others.
This car was simply titled "Petersen Custom" and was drawn in 2002, evidently after I had become disenchanted with MMC.  The year puts me close to 14 at the time of drawing.  The Petersen Custom exhibits many design features which were consistent throughout my portfolio: slightly extruded full-length sweeping fenders, narrow but long taillights and turn signal lights, cab-back styling...  It is because it is so representative that I chose it as the opening piece for this blog.
I intend to post all my cars, and the ones which I am unhappy with I want to redraw now as an adult, and all versions of the car will be posted.  Hopefully you will see progress!
The Petersen Custom is one of a few cars which still satisfies me today so I will not redraw it.  I did include two extra photos so I could share with you a little of the uploading process.
I hope you enjoy this blog!  I have a lot of interesting and some fairly embarrassing things to show off here.

This is what the cars look like when scanned with my current scanner, which is pretty imperfect.  In the very top photo I took the time to painstakingly use the brush feature in paint.net to make some of the lines more solid.  I could just as easily touch up the original drawing, but I would rather leave it in its 2002 state. 
This is gaudy as can be, but a representation of what becomes possible with the paintbrush feature.  Depending on my mood I might choose to publish altered versions of some of my older designs.  I can even use a white paintbrush to remove lines and redraw them, as I did to lower the car by extending the rocker panels here.  For the record I do not like the spoilers and such on this car; I just did it to amuse myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment